- OpenSSL installed in Ubuntu
- Following details for your SSL certificate
- Country (2 digit ex, IN)=MY,
- State or =Malaysia,
- Locality or City=Kuala Lumpur,
- Organization Name=Marutham Infra Services Sdn Bhd,
- Organizational Unit Name=Cloud and Advance Services,
- Common Name (e.g. server FQDN)=maruthuminfra.com.my
- Now Generate Certificate Signing Request (CSR), It also generates Private Key file(Make sure it is protected and no one has access to this file). We use RSA 2048 bit Encryption with SHA256 Hashing algorithm as shown below.
openssl req -new -newkey rsa:2048 -nodes -sha256 -out test.csr -keyout test.key -subj “/C=MY/ST=Malaysia/L=Kuala Lumpur/O=Marutham Infra Services Sdn Bhd/OU=Cloud and Advance Services/CN=maruthaminfra.com.my”
- CSR generation done. Now you may send you CSR file to CA Issuer.
- Next Install SSL at Load balancer or WebServer or Proxy Server or Application Server where you SSL is getting terminated.
Any Questions, Please comment below
யாதும் ஊரே யாவரும் கேளிர் – புறநானூறு